Followers

About Me

My photo
Shy at first. Like getting and giving hugs, like my own company but like having 1 on 1 time with my friends. Not keen on big changes. Like to know what's happening!

Saturday 11 June 2011

HAPPY FATHERS DAY - MY DAD'S SPECIAL CARD

I'm very chuffed with myself, if I do say so myself!  For two reasons - 1)  I completed my card for Fathers Day which is next weekend (usually I would be doing it the night before!)  and 2)  I'm chuffed with my card.  It's a new style for me.  Think I saw Nancy Watt making this style a while ago, but not sure for certain.

So here it is:



To make the card, I used 3 A4 sheets of white cardstock.  I folded 2 of them in half and attached half of each to the back on the full size A4 card, making a large gatefold card.

I covered the front of each side of the card with Bazzil Basics green textured cardstock and then blue paper on top.  Using Forever Friends "The Good Life" toppers, I matt and layered them onto more of the green textured cardstock and attached them to the card with 3D foam.  I used two sentiments from the pack and also matt and layered them onto green cardstock with 3D foam.

Using my XCut cutting System,  I cut 3 small circles in blue textured card.  I attached the diecut letters to each circle with double sided sticky tape and then used 3D foam to attach the blue circles to the actual card.  I attached the "D's" to the left hand side of the card and and the "A" to the right.  To complete the outside of the card, I used 8 green adhesive gems in each corner.

On the inside of the card, I cut a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper with golfing terms to size and attached it to the main area of the card.  I stuck a piece of white card with rounded corners to the centre.  I also used a silver "Happy Fathers Day" peel off on the centre of the white card.

I hope he likes it!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment