Followers

About Me

My photo
Shy at first. Like getting and giving hugs, like my own company but like having 1 on 1 time with my friends. Not keen on big changes. Like to know what's happening!

Saturday 11 June 2011

FATHERS DAY CARD REQUESTS

I've been asked to make some Fathers Day cards by one of my friends for her Dad and her Dad-in-law.

The first one is for her Dad-in-law.  It's actually a card I made for someone else who asked for a card for her husband.  She gave me a list of things her husband liked (rugby, football, wine, NFL and golf) but they weren't in any order.  I made the card for her and personalised it with his name.  I showed it to her and she basically said it was a nice card, but he didn't actually play golf, her just liked it!  I was really annoyed, as I really didn't think (and still don't think) that it matters if he plays golf or if he just likes it (just because I bought a butterfly picture doesn't mean I am a butterfly!!)  Anyway, thankfully I was able to salvage the card and have now been able to use it for this purpose.  I used a cream card blank and made a landscape easel card.  I covered the base with a golf themed 12x12 scrapbook paper and the front of the card with shades of green cardstock.  I used a golf topper and matt and layered it onto green cardstocks.  I decorated the card using green gems and golf embellishments.





The other card I made for her was a train themed one for her Dad who is a train enthusiast.  I've never done a train card before, except Thomas The Tank Engine!  So I wasn't entirely sure what to do for it.  I managed to get a set of train decoupage images from my local craft shop which I built up using silicone glue.  It's not a medium I use often so unfortunately, it's the cheap smelly kind I have!  It did the job though and has made a really sturdy card.  I used various gold border peel offs, red and gold mini gems and textured paper and card to make the card.  I printed the sentiment off on cream shimmer card from the computer.




No comments:

Post a Comment