Followers

About Me

My photo
Shy at first. Like getting and giving hugs, like my own company but like having 1 on 1 time with my friends. Not keen on big changes. Like to know what's happening!

Saturday 11 June 2011

CBGMDT - USE OF ROUND SHAPES SKETCH

It seems like ages ago since we did a challenge, maybe it's just me!  Time just seems to be passing so quickly!  Can't believe we're in June already!!

This weeks challenge is the use of round shapes.  To find out more about the challenge, and to see the other design team's creations, please go to http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/2011/06/cbgm-blog-sketch-challenge-9-use-of.html

I have made an engagement card using the Tatty Teddy range from Do Crafts.  The couples name both starts with A, hence the "A's" at the bottom of the card!

So here it is.....



To make this card, I cut a piece of A4 to a 6x6" card blank.  I cut the front of the card in half and rounded each corner with a corner punch.  Using the backing papers provided in the Tatty Teddy Decoupage set, I cut two types to the right size and rounded each corner before attaching to the card blank with the double sided sticky tape.  I used my XCut cutting set to cut 3 small circles in a pale yellow paper and pink shimmer card.  I attached the pink circles on the left hand side of the card with 3D foam and the yellow one on the right with double sided sticky tape.  I matted and layered the main T.T image on blue card stock (with the corners rounded) with 3D foam. I then attached this to the pink circles and decorated with 4 adhesive gems.  I also cut a piece of white card stock to a smaller size, rounded the corners and attached on the inside of the card as a writing area.

To complete the card, I used a heart punch with blue card to cut 2 hearts.  These were attached with 3d foam in the bottom right hand corner of the card and I topped them off with two "A" silver peel offs.  I used micro dots to stick a pale blue gem in the centre of the hearts.  I then used a "congratulations" peel off and silver hearts on each of the circles.

So now it's time for you to go and see what everyone else has made.  Have a go yourself, there's so many inspirational projects from the design team, and we always love seeing what you can make too!  Also, if you enter the Mr Linky on http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/2011/06/cbgm-blog-sketch-challenge-9-use-of.html  ,you could win a great blinkie for your own blog!  Give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment