Followers

About Me

My photo
Shy at first. Like getting and giving hugs, like my own company but like having 1 on 1 time with my friends. Not keen on big changes. Like to know what's happening!

Saturday 14 May 2011

CBGMDT - CHALLENGE - PINK & LILAC BUTTONS

Hi Everyone.

Here again for another wonderful challenge by http://creationsbygillm.blogspot/ If you fancy having a go, or seeing what the other design team members have created, click on the following link and you'll be taken straight to the challenge! http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/2011/05/cbgm-blog-sketch-challenge-7-pinklilac_14.html

This card is for a close friend who is expecting a baby girl.  Unfortunately she is in hospital with preaclampsia.  She has 7 weeks to go, but they may have to deliver the baby in the next week or so.  Hard times, thinking of you all. 


To make this easel card, I used an A4 smooth white card and scored it twice, once in half to make an A5 card, and then again in half on one side.  I covered the front and base of the easel card with pieces of Co-Ordinations Lilac textured card and then stuck them on using double sided sticky tape, leaving a thin border round each side.  I then cut two pieces of pink and white heart paper from the "Fizzy Moon" 12x12 paper pad and attached these onto the lilac card, again leaving a border. 

The main image is from a CD-Rom featuring Forever Friends.  I printed the image out and used my XCut Cutting System to cut the circular image.  I used a larger circle cutter to cut a dark pink circle.  I mounted the image onto the pink card with double sided sticky tape.  Using small 3D foam pieces, I adhered 3 pink buttons onto the left hand side of the image.  A silver "Congratulations" peel off was used on the top of the circular image.  Again using the XCut Cutting system, I cut a small lilac circle and attached a silver "Baby Girl" peel off and 3 silver adhesive gems.

To make a border, I cut a wide strip of lilac card and a pale pink card.  Cutting each piece of card, I attached the lilac card with double sided sticky tape vertically onto the card base and on the front.  I then attached a small piece of the pink card to the front of the card and then used 3D foam to attach the other piece of pink card on the card base.

Using my Cuttlebug and lilac card, I cut out a nappy pin and baby bottle image.  These were attached using a quickie glue pen onto the pink card on the base of the cardblank.  I used a white gel pen and glossy accents on the window of the bottle to make it look like there was milk in the bottle.   On the remaining lilac card on the card base, I attached 6 Card Candy pieces with small 3D foam pads and a heart embellishment.  I then completed the card with 8 silver adhesive gems.

2 comments:

  1. This really is such a lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gill, I really enjoyed making this one. And I can now tell you that Baby Libby was born earlier this week, weighing just over 3lbs. Doing well, but needing a lot of special care.

    ReplyDelete