Followers

About Me

My photo
Shy at first. Like getting and giving hugs, like my own company but like having 1 on 1 time with my friends. Not keen on big changes. Like to know what's happening!

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Ruby Anniversary - Double Twisted Easel Card

This is a card I made for some family friends for their 40th Wedding Anniversary.



To make the card, I cut a piece of A4 cream card to 21cm x 21cm.  I then scored the card blank in half at 10.5cm.  I turned the card blank around and marked half way along at 10.5cm.  I then used my guillotine to cut in towards the score line, making sure I didn't do over it.  The card was now cut in half on one side, making two squares.  Each of the squares was then scored, from the top right hand corner, down to the bottom left hand corner of each square.  I then took another piece of card and card two squares, 10.5cm x 10.5cm.  These were then attached to the scored squares on the card blank using double sided sticky tape on the bottom triangle of each square.

Using ruby red shimmer paper, I cut two squares to 9.5cm x 9.5cm and attached them to each square, again using the trusty old double sided sticky tape.  The front panel was decorated with red adhesive gems and a gold peel off saying "Happy Anniversary" and 4 heart outline peel  offs.  The back panel was decorated with a Forever Friends decoupage image showing two bears with champagne glasses which was made up with 3D foam pads.  This was attached to the card after being rounded on the edges.  The back panel was also embellished with red adhesive gems and gold heart stickers.

I cut a piece of Country Companions backing paper to 21cm x 10.5cm and attached it to the base of the card.  To make the stops, I cut two small rectangles (unsure of sizes) using cream card and mounted the red shimmer paper on top, leaving a fine border around each side.  These were then decorated with gold peel offs saying "40th" and "Congratulations".  I attached the stops onto the card base using 3D foam pads.

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting twist on the double easel card - well done.

    ReplyDelete