Followers

About Me

My photo
Shy at first. Like getting and giving hugs, like my own company but like having 1 on 1 time with my friends. Not keen on big changes. Like to know what's happening!

Saturday 23 April 2011

Creations By Gill M Blog Challenge - Birds In The Garden

Hiya

Here we are again, ready to start a new challenge courtesy of http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/2011/04/cbgm-blog-challenge-6-birds-in-garden.html  If you would like to enter the challenge, or wish to see other entrants, just click on the link and you'll find all you need to know, and hopefully get some great ideas from the inspirational design team.

So this is my card:

The challenge was to create a project including a bird (or birds) you'd see in your garden.  So I'm going to say that this is the owl that lives in my best friends garden.  She lives next to a woods, and I'm sure I've heard an owl there before.  I think I've heard an owl at the back of my garden too, but everyone tells me it's pigeons! Oh well!

This is a bit more intricate and time consuming than some of my previous projects, so good luck!  I first saw this type of card at a Do Crafts demo in Inverness by Beckie Dreyer  http://beckiedreyer.blogspot.com/   So a BIG Thank You to Beckie.  Hopefully I can do you proud and try and translate my notes from the demo into proper English for others to understand!  I had a lot of fun making this card, so much so that when it was finished, I showed it to my Mum and Sister going "twit twoo, twit twoo" at them, whilst opening and closing the card!  That's my weird sense of humour and the child in me!

Through out this project, make sure you score each line really well, as this well help with the final formation of the card.

So, to make my card, you need a piece of card or thick paper 12" long by 4" high.  (approx. 30 x 10cm) Mark lightly with a pencil 6" (15cm) along the paper, this should be the centre of the paper.  Take the right side of the paper and fold it in towards the centre, where you have marked.  You should now have a diagonal score line on the right side of the paper.  Do the same with the left side, pull the top left hand corner of the paper down towards the centre line, and score.  You should now see a triangle shape.  Open the paper up so it's at it's original size.  Turn the paper around and fold each side down towards the centre of the paper.  Open the paper up and you should see a diamond in the centre of the paper and two criss crosses on either side.  Next step is to fold the right hand side of the paper towards the left hand side.  Line the edge of the right side of the paper with the centre of the criss cross on the left.  Open the paper again and repeat this step with the left hand side, folding it in to the centre of the criss cross on the right hand side.  Then take each end of the card, and fold it in towards the centre of each criss cross (right hand side tot he centre of the right criss cross, left hand side to the left criss cross!)

With the "peaks" of the paper facing you, the card should now fold in on itself.  Once folded, you should be left with a diamond facing you, with 2 rectangles on either side at the back of the card.

To decorate the card, I used a decoupage image from the Do Crafts Woodland Folk 8x8 Decoupage Pack.  I matt and layered this onto a piece of co-ordinating card to match the card blank.  I attached this image onto the centre of the diamond with double sided sticky tape.  I stuck 2 googly eyes to the owl aswell.  I attached two fabric flowers to each side of the card with an orange flower brad and used a small piece of 3d foam to attach them to the card.

To complete the card, I used a "New Baby" sentiment from the Do Crafts pack and attached it to the main image with 3d foam.  I finished the project with 6 gold gems.

Simples!

Hope that all made sense to you.  I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know if you try and make this card blank, and how my instructions do.  So please do leave a comment.

Good luck, and have fun! 

Lisa xx

2 comments:

  1. Love it Lisa and thanks for the indepth recipe.X

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe!! in depth, thats me! Maybe you could try the instructions as i've written them and let me know if they work?! Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete