Followers

About Me

My photo
Shy at first. Like getting and giving hugs, like my own company but like having 1 on 1 time with my friends. Not keen on big changes. Like to know what's happening!

Saturday 9 April 2011

Creations By Gill M Blog Challenge - All That Glitters

Good morning Bloggers.

How are you?  Hope you're all well.  It's the weekend at last and time for another challenge courtesy of http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/2011/04/cbgm-blog-sketch-challenge-5-all-that.html

This is my creation here: 

To make this card, I followed a sketch as part of the challenge brief.  I used the Hunky Dory Butterfly Kit which has been POTW a while ago on Create & Craft TV.  I used a white scallop card base and covered it with a square of shiny purple card.  Leaving a small border on the left, I cut a piece of the butterfly border with a silver outline and used 3D to stick it to my project. 

Then using my trusty X-Cut cutting system!  I used a small and medium circle to cut out purple shimmer and silver mirror board.  These were attached together with dsss and the main image, also from the H.D kit with 3d foam.

I used more of the purple shimmer and silver mirror board and matt and layered them together in a small rectangular shape and attached them just off centre to the project.  I used 3d foam to give more dimension to the card.  I then attached the main image to the card, also with 3d foam.  To meet the criteria of the challenge, glitter had to be included in some aspect of the card.  I used a Quckie Glue Pen over the main butterfly image and decorated it with fine silver glitter, 8 small lilac and 6 medium silver gems.   I also attached a purple bow which I recycled from a toiletry set I got at Christmas about 5 years ago! lol.

To complete the card, I used 4 medium purple adhesive gems in each corner of the card.  I also used a sticky peel off.  It's sticky on both sides, so once you place it on your project, you can pour glitter over the top and it sticks!  Quite nifty!  A final medium silver gem was placed in the centre of the sticky peel offs.

Oh, and I made the card into a Get Well Soon card by using silver peel offs on the top round of the main image!

Done!  Hope you like it.  It's a lovely card to make, and as I'm sure you've seen from the other DT examples, you can make so many different styles of cards.

Please go to http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/2011/04/cbgm-blog-sketch-challenge-5-all-that.html for more info or to enter your creation in the Mr Linky.

Good luck!!

Lisa xx

1 comment: