Followers

About Me

My photo
Shy at first. Like getting and giving hugs, like my own company but like having 1 on 1 time with my friends. Not keen on big changes. Like to know what's happening!

Saturday 26 March 2011

CBGM - CHALLENGE - ANIMAL/BIRD/PET SCRAPBOOK PAGE

Good morning everyone!  Well this is my first challenge at the age of 26!  Weird saying that!  Had a lovely birthday and was spoilt rotten!  It was very strange and hard at times though as it was my first birthday, and first family get-together without our family dog, Jack, who we sadly and suddenly lost on March 5th.  My sister found it particualary hard, and has been finding it hard ever since it happened.  She's used to saying "this is from me and Jack" when giving me my present, and this time, unfortunately, it was just from her.  I knew he wasn't far away though and if he had been there, he would have been ripping the wrapping paper to shreds!

Anyway, this challenge was going to be of Jack, but unfortunately, things are still a bit too fresh at the moment, so I chose the Shetland Ponies in my village to do my scrapbook page on.  I show the ponies at the local agricultural shows in our areas and have done for the last 15 years or so. 

To make the scrapbook page, I used a Bassil Basics 12x12 piece of paper in an ivory colour.  For the heading of the page, I used my Cuttlebug and an alphabet set (unsure of the name) on black card to write out "Stow Shetland Stud". 

I used 3 strips of silver peels offs on either side of the paper at different levels.  Using my X Cut Cutting system, I cut 3 medium ovals on black card and paper (ran out of card so had to use paper, which didn't cut well with the cutting oval, so please excuse the bumpy edges on one of the ovals!).  I also used the cutting system to cut my 3 photos.  I have used photos of the head of the stud, Victoria, her grand-daughter Velveteena and her great grand-daughter, Rosie.  These were then attached with double sided sticky tape to the black ovals which then in turn were positioned at angles around the page, obviously with Victoria, the matriarch at the top of the page!  I decorated each of the ovals with silver peel offs, spelling out the names of the ponies shown and embelleshed them with adhesive gems.

I used a wide piece of black satin ribbon and attached it to the bottom of the page, leaving a narrow boarder.  I also made a small black bow using the satin and attached it using PVA glue on the bottom right hand corner of the ribbon.

Following the "5 W's" rule - where, what, who, why and when, I typed out some info about the page and matt and layered onto black and silver card, using a pair of Fiskars shaping scirrors to give a jagged edge on the card.

To finish the project, I attached two silver horse shoes on the page.

This was a really fun challenge to take part in, my first scrapbook challenge!  If you fancy doing it, please go to: http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/2011/03/cbgm-blog-challenge-4-pets.html

1 comment: