Followers

About Me

My photo
Shy at first. Like getting and giving hugs, like my own company but like having 1 on 1 time with my friends. Not keen on big changes. Like to know what's happening!

Saturday 8 October 2011

CBGM - VINTAGE WEDDING & LACE CHALLENGE

Hiya Everyone and welcome back to my blog!

This week's challenge from Creations By Gill M is to make a card with a vintage wedding and lace theme to it.

I've so enjoyed being on the Creations By Gill M Design Team, however this is probably my least favourite challenge to date!  It's just not my kind of theme at all, I've never used lace before, I'm not keen on vintage themes and I just didn't know where to start!!

But somehow I managed, and here is what I made:



This is a card of my Grandparents (my Mums parents) on their wedding day.  Unfortunately, they've both passed away, however if they were both still alive, they'd be married for 61 years this year and my Grandad would be 105 and my Granny would be 91!

To make this card I scored a piece of cream hammered effect card in half to make an A5 card.  I covered the front of the card with a piece of dark brown card, leaving a small border around each edge.  I matt and layered the main image, which is a photocopy of the original photo, onto dark brown card and a fawn coloured shimmer card..  I attached each layer with double sided sticky tape.  I dyed a piece of lace in a cup of hot tea and dried it with kitchen towel.  I then cut the lace to size and attached it down the left hand side of the card with hi-bond tape and also along the bottom edge of the photo.  To finish the card, I applied a gold "Happy Anniversary" peel off and 4 small gold gems.

As I said earlier, this is one of my least favourite challenges, but throughout the time I spent finding the right photo to use, I found out quite a few interesting facts about my family and their past.

Also, as I previously said, unfortunately they've both passed away, so my Mum is going to keep the card and put it into a box which has other photos and memorabilia from their lives.

You can take part in this challenge as well.  Just go along to Creations By Gill M blog, fill in the Mr Linky with your details, link your blog post to Gill's Blog and make sure you mention the challenge in your post.  Oh, and you have to be a follower of  Creations By Gill M.  Simples!

Good luck!  Can't wait to see what you've made!  Myself and the rest of the  Creations By Gill M Design Team will check in every few days to see what everyone's made and leave some feedback for you!  We hope you will leave us some feedback for us too!

Thanks again!

Lisa
xx

1 comment: