Followers

About Me

My photo
Shy at first. Like getting and giving hugs, like my own company but like having 1 on 1 time with my friends. Not keen on big changes. Like to know what's happening!

Saturday 30 July 2011

DESIGN TEAM BLOG HOP - BIRTHDAY THEME

Welcome Everyone!

I am lucky enough to be part of a Design Team (Creations By Gill M) which is taking part in a Design Team Blog Hop.  Click the link above to see our entries to this challenge - they're great, if I do say so myself!!There are also a number of other great design teams from around the world taking part in this hop which is being hosted by Dee at Vintage Heart Felt Designs.   You can take part in the blog hop by starting at Dee's Blog.  It's going to be so much fun!

The blog hop has a theme - Birthdays!  Always such a fun time, no matter who's birthday it is!  So our challenge was to make something, anything, with a birthday theme!!

This is what I made for the challenge:

It's an A5 landscape stepper card from a Butterfly Jewels Amethyst Collection from Hunkydory. 

I used a sheet of the A4 patterned card and folded it in half.  I cut half way down the score line, scored and folded inwards the piece of card to make a stepper card.  On the back of the stepper, I attached one of the toppers from the pack and decorated it with small clear adhesive gems.  I then used a Quickie Glue Pen to attach clear and purple gems to the butterflies on the front of the card.  Using 3d foam, I attached two die cut butterflies to the front of the side stepper and decorated with clear adhesive gems.  To finish the card, I used 3d foam to attach two sentiments (Dear Friend and Wishing You A Happy Birthday) to the top left hand corner of the card.  I also threaded a piece of purple ribbon through the tag sentiment.

I gave this card to a special friend of mine for her birthday and she loved it!  Hopefully you will love it too!

Remember you can take part in the blog hop, just hop on over to Dee's Blog and take it from there! 

Remember to leave comments for each design team member.  Enjoy hopping!!!

4 comments:

  1. such a fabby card and great for this hop. thanks for being part of the inspiration for the hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa I really enjoyed your card. Love the butterflies and the colors and swirls just make the card love the tag also. Thanks so much for participating in this great hop.

    Dee:)
    http://vintageheartfeltdesigns.blogspot.com
    vintageheartfeltdesigns@mail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the butterflies and the colour too. :)

    ReplyDelete