Followers

About Me

My photo
Shy at first. Like getting and giving hugs, like my own company but like having 1 on 1 time with my friends. Not keen on big changes. Like to know what's happening!

Saturday 9 July 2011

CBGM - SUMMER HOLIDAY THEME

Hiya Everyone!

Hope you're all well and enjoying the summery weather?!

This challenge is for a Summer Holiday scrapbook page.  It can be a holiday you've been on, or one you want to go on.   We all have so many memories of summer holidays from our childhood and more recent too!

For this challenge, I've used 5 pages from an 8x8 scrapbook I made from my last, and most recent summer holiday.  I went away at the end of September 2009 with my best friend Lyndsey to Albufeira, in the Algarve, Portugal.  We've been away together a few times before, but this is the most recent time.  She's getting married next year, so this was probably the last time we'd go away with each other.

Here are the pages I've created:


To make the pages, i used a selection of photos taken by myself on the holiday.  I matt and layered the photos on plain cardstock I had in my craft supplies.  To decorate each page, I used embellishments from a scrapbook set I was given.  The 8x8 scrapbook pages are also from the same set.  I love them because they're all so bright, colourful and summery.  I used my X Cut cutting system to cut shapes for the pages, along with a corner punch and shaping scissors.    I also used my Cuttlebug die cutter along with some Sizzix dies to cut out the letters for "Portugal" as well as the flower shapes and bikini.

If you would like to have a go, why not have a look at the other design team's creations.  There's a guest designer for this challenge, Debbie.  I recommend you pop by her blogand see her summer holiday themed project.  Then, pop by Gill McCall's blog, she's the host of this challenge and you can view the other designers projects and pop into their blogs too!

Have fun, can't wait to see what you all create!

1 comment:

  1. Fabby summer layouts lisa - thanks for the inspiration as part of the team.

    ReplyDelete