Followers

About Me

My photo
Shy at first. Like getting and giving hugs, like my own company but like having 1 on 1 time with my friends. Not keen on big changes. Like to know what's happening!

Saturday 12 February 2011

Creations By Gill M Blog Challenge

Ok, this is my 2nd attempt at this, so fingers crossed it works!!

I'm very lucky to be a part of the Design Team for Creations By Gill M.  Our first challenge is a hearts theme project and being the month of LOVE, I thought it would be quite appropriate to make a Valentine's Card, which is going to my sister, from our Westie, Jack! 

So, to make my card, this is what I did....

I used an A5 white landscape card blank and matt and layers a pale pink shimmer card and a deep red shimmer paper onto each other.  I left a narrow border when mounting the pink card onto the card stock and a wider border when mounting the red shimmer paper onto the pink card.  I chose "Popcorn The Bear" from the Crafters Companion range as my main image for the challenge.  I built a circular decoupage image of Popcorn and matt and layered it onto a large oval shape which I used the X-Cut Cutting System to cut it out on pink shimmer card.  I also used a narrow strip of co-ordinating Popcorn paper on the left hand side of the card.  To decorate the card, I attached 3 red love heart gems on the bottom right hand side of the card, around the curve of the oval and 3 pale pink hearts on the top left hand side, in a vertical line.  I used micro dots to attach the red hearts and 3D foam squares to attach the pink hearts.  To complete the card, using the pink shimmer card, I punched out 3 hearts, using an X-Cut heart punch and applied gold peel offs to read "I heart U" and added 3 red rose buds to embellish.

I had a lot of fun making this card, especially since it was my first blog challenge.  Hope you have fun creating something too!

Happy Crafting!
http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card Lisa! Love that image. The colours are perfect. Love the peel-offs on the punched hearts. Ger x.

    ReplyDelete